Monday, October 31, 2011

Long Distance Fishing


Day 188
When I was younger I used to go on fishing trips with my dad and my brothers. They were involved in scouting and I was bored. There are several pictures of me holding our tiny fishing trophies before sending them back on their way. When I saw this lady with her awesome coat, I was brought back to the days when it was okay to touch slimy things. These days I shy away from anything slippery and fishing is out of the question. Mostly because I remember the lack of real bathrooms at the pond we used to visit. I remember the heat and the boring scout ceremonies. To some extreme, I suppose I was jealous that I wasn't a scout too. As I look back, I figure that at least I know how to make a good cast and I can teach my kids how to bait a hook...ewwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment